This page is where you will find the most frequently requested bylaws. If you are looking for a full list of segmented bylaw documents, please scroll to the bottom of this page, where you will find a link to our Civic Web platform.
Homeowners are required to do some basic landscaping of their property. Every yard, including vacant lots, shall be kept clean and free from:
- Heavy undergrowth and excessive growth of grass and weeds
- Noxious plants, such as ragweed, poison oak, etc.
- Dead, decaying or damaged trees or other natural growth, and unsafe branches and limbs which create an unsafe condition
- Garbage, rubble, waste, construction material or other debris constituting an unsafe condition
- Holes, pits, excavations or trenches constituting an unsafe condition
- Wrecked, dismantled, inoperative or unused vehicles, trailers, boats, snowmobiles, or other machinery or any part thereof and junk and refuse of any kind
- Dilapidated, collapsed or partially constructed structures
- Injurious insects, termites, rodents, vermin or other pests
The minimum standards by-law relates to all buildings regardless of use. If a tenant feels the unit they are occupying is unsafe, an inspection of the building can be performed by a qualified building inspector to determine compliance with the by-law. Problems such as broken windows, plumbing, electrical and structural are some examples of complaints most commonly recognized.
Frequently Requested Bylaws
Below is an organized listing of frequently requested bylaws for the Town and its surrounding area. Each of the following links will take you to the respective by-law’s downloadable documentation.